How to Incorporate a Business in Kentucky (KY)
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a CPA or a lawyer, you will find that our Kentucky incorporation and formation services are always a step ahead of the industry standard. We specialize in corporate filings with the KY Secretary of State. Active Filings has formed thousands of corporations, nonprofit and limited liability companies in Kentucky.
KY Articles of Incorporation Requirements
KY Corporate Name Endings
The corporate name must be distinguishable upon records of secretary of state from the name of existing business entities filed with secretary of state. The corporation may use one of these names if other corporation consents in writing or in certain other enumerated cases. The name must include “corporation”, “incorporated”, “company”, “limited” or an abbreviation thereof.
The name shall not contain language stating or implying that the corporation is organized for purpose other than that what is permitted by the act or the articles.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* File with Secretary of State by last day of June annually, setting forth by corporation’s name, the state where incorporated, address of registered office of corporation, registered agent’s name, and names and business addresses of directors and principal officers. Fee is $15.
Income Tax Rate
* 4% of first $25,000 of taxable net income, 5% of next $25,000, 6% of next $50,000, and 7% on next $150,000 and 8.25% over $250,000
For more information on taxes, visit http://kentucky.gov/Portal/Category/bus_taxins
Cost of Incorporating in Kentucky
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: