How to Incorporate a Business in Maryland (MD)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in Maryland: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about MD filings.
MD Corporate Name Endings
The name must indicate corporate status. It must contain “corporation”, incorporated”, or “limited” or end with an abbreviation of one of these words.
The name may also contain or end with the word “company” but never preceded by the word “and” or a symbol for it. Names shall not imply any purpose that is not authorized by the charter.
They shall not be the same as, or deceptively similar to, name of other domestic corporations or limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company; qualified foreign corporations, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company; or names registered or reserved by any person or corporation.
Maryland Articles of Incorporation Requirements
* Minimum Number – Three or more. If only one or two shareholders, the number of directors can be less than three but not less than the number of shareholders.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Every business corporation shall submit an annual report on personal property to Department of Assessments and Taxation. Annual return is due by April 15. Filing fee of $100 must accompany return.
Income Tax Rate
* The income tax rate is 7%.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.md.us
Cost of Incorporating in Maryland
ONLY $49.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: