Get your Michigan Company Up and Running
in Less Than 3 Business Days!
Fact 1: We are the fasted Michigan incorporating company;
Fact 2: Over 40,000 corporations and LLC formed in Michigan and the rest of the country;
Fact 3: All Michigan filings get Expedited Services for FREE;
Fact 4: We are the only company in our space without any complaints to the BBB in 10 years!
Fact 5: All our customers receive a Free Tax Consultation and Free 1 Year of Registered Agent Services
How to Incorporate a Business in Michigan (MI)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in Michigan: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about MI filings.
MI Corporate Name Endings
The name shall contain the word “Corporation”, “Company”, “Incorporated”, or “Limited”, or the abbreviation. The name shall not indicate that the corporation was formed for a purpose other than one or more of the purposes permitted in the articles. The name shall be distinguishable from the corporate name of domestic or foreign corporations, domestic or foreign limited partnerships, or currently reserved names. The name cannot use words “Bank”, “Industrial Bank”, “Deposit”, “Surety”, “Security”, “Trust”, or “Trust Company”.
Michigan Articles of Incorporation Requirements
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Domestic and foreign corporations, transacting business, employing capital or persons, owning or managing property in Michigan, must file an annual report with the Department of Commerce by May 15 annually. The filing fee is $15.
Income Tax Rate
* 2.3% tax levied on adjusted tax base allocated or apportioned to Michigan.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.michigan.gov/treasury
Cost of Incorporating in Michigan
ONLY $49.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: