How to Incorporate a Business in Montana (MT)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in MONTANA: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about MT filings.
MT Corporate Name Endings
The name must be distinguishable from that of any corporation authorized to transact business in the state; a reserved or registered name; the fictitious name of a foreign corporation; any assumed business name, limited partnership, limited liability company, trademark, or service mark. The name must contain word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated”, “limited”, or an abbreviation of such words or words or abbreviations.
Montana Articles of Incorporation Requirements
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Report filed with Secretary of State between January 1 and April 15 of each year on prescribed form. First report is due between January 1 and April 15 of year following calendar year in which certificate of incorporation or certificate of authority was issued. Annual report fee is $10.
Income Tax Rate
* The tax is imposed at the rate of 6.75% of all net income. The minimum tax is $50.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.state.mt.us/revenue/css/default.asp
Cost of Incorporating in Montana
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: