How to Incorporate a Business in New Hampshire (NH)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in NEW HAMPSHIRE: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about NH filings.
New Hampshire Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
* The name must contain the words “limited”, “corporation” or “incorporated” or the abbreviation “Ltd.,” “Inc.” or “Corp.” The name must not be same or deceptively similar to the name of any corporation authorized to transact business in the state; any reserved or registered name; the fictitious name of a foreign corporation; any domestic or foreign limited partnership or other business entity. The name must not contain language implying that the corporation is organized for a purpose not permitted by the Act or its articles.
- Minimum Number – One or more.
- Residence Requirements. – No provision.
- Age Requirements – None.
- Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
- An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
Returns must be filed by April 1 with the Secretary of State. Filing fee of $100 must accompany return. Annual report forms are mailed directly by the Secretary of State.
Income Tax Rate
* 8% of taxable business profits.
Business Enterprise Tax
* The tax is imposed at the rate of .75% of the taxable enterprise value tax base of every business enterprise. The taxable enterprise value tax base means the enterprise value tax base adjusted by special adjustments and further adjusted by the method of apportionment. Enterprise value tax base means the sum of all compensation paid or accrued, interest paid or accrued, and dividends paid by the business enterprise.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.nh.us/revenue/
Cost of Incorporating in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Limited Liability Company
- New Hampshire Corporation
- New Hampshire Nonprofit Corporation
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: