How to Incorporate a Business in New Mexico (NM)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in New Mexico: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about NM filings.
New Mexico Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name must contain the separate word “corporation”, “incorporation”, “company”, “limited” or abbreviation thereof. The name must not be the same as or confusingly similar to a name of any domestic or foreign corporation or the name reserved by or registered by another corporation, unless written permission of other corporation is obtained. The name must not imply purpose other than that contained in charter.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
NM Yearly Requirements
* Annual Statements
* Must be filed biannually on or before the 15th day of the 3d month following the end of their tax year. Filing fee, $25.
Income Tax Rate
* 4.8% of net income up to $500,000; over $500,000 but not over $1,000,000, $24,000 plus 6.4% of excess over $500,000; over $1,000,000, $56,000 plus 7.6% of excess over $1,000,000.
* Tax is imposed on every domestic corporation and every foreign corporation employed or engaged in the transaction of business in, into or from New Mexico or deriving income from property or employment in New Mexico, and on every domestic or foreign corporation having or exercising its corporate franchise in New Mexico, whether active or not. The rate is $50 each tax year.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.nm.us/tax
Cost of Incorporating in New Mexico
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: