How to Incorporate a Business in South Dakota (SD)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in SOUTH DAKOTA: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about SD filings.
South Dakota Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name may not be the same as or descriptively similar to name of any domestic or qualified foreign corporation or to any reserved or registered name or the name of any limited partnership unless consent is obtained. The name must contain the word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated”, “limited” or an abbreviation thereof. The name must not imply that it is organized for any purpose other than that stated in articles of incorporation. The name may not be same as, or deceptively similar to, a name in use by other domestic corporation or authorized foreign corporation in South Dakota.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – 18 or older.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* To Secretary of State by the 1st day of the 2d month following the anniversary month of the corporation each year. Fee for filing report is $25.
Income Tax Rate
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.sd.us/revenue/revenue.html
Cost of Incorporating in South Dakota
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: