How to Incorporate a Business in Vermont (VT)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in VERMONT: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about VT filings.
Vermont Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name must contain the word “corporation”, “incorporated”, “company”, or “limited”, or an abbreviation of one of them. The name may not contain language stating or implying that the corporation is organized for purposes other than permitted by state law. The name shall not have word “cooperative” or any abbreviation thereof. The name shall be distinguishable from, and not the same as, deceptively similar to, or likely to be confused with or mistaken for any name granted, registered, or reserved under chapter or by or with secretary of state.
* Minimum Number – Minimum of three directors, however, if corporation has fewer than three shareholders, number of directors may be equal to or greater than number of shareholders.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
* Annual Statements
* Every domestic corporation and every foreign corporation authorized to do business in Vermont must file an annual report with the Secretary of State within two and one-half months after the expiration of its fiscal year. The annual fee for a domestic corporation is $15.
Income Tax Rate
* 7% on Vermont net income of $10,000 or less; $700 plus 8.10% of excess between $10,001 and $25,000; $1,915.00 plus 9.20% of excess between $25,001 and $250,000; $22,615.00 plus 9.75%) of excess over $250,000. Minimum tax, $150.
For more information on taxes, visit www.state.vt.us/tax
Cost of Incorporating in vermont
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: