How to Incorporate a Business in Wisconsin (WI)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in WISCONSIN: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about WI filings.
Wisconsin Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name of the corporation shall contain the word “corporation”, “incorporated”, “company” or “limited” or abbreviation thereof or words or abbreviations of words of a similar meaning in another language. The name may not contain language stating or implying that corporation is organized for purpose other than as permitted. The corporate name must be distinguishable upon the records of the secretary of state from other corporations, LLC and other business entities authorized to use name in state.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Payment is due to the Department of Financial Institutions, and the fee is $25 for domestic corporations. Annual reports for domestic corporations are due in each year following the year in which the corporation was incorporated during the quarter in which the anniversary date of the incorporation occurs. Annual reports for foreign corporations authorized to transact business in Wisconsin are due during the first calendar quarter of each year following the calendar year in which the foreign corporation became authorized to transact business in Wisconsin.
Income Tax Rate
* 7.9% of Wisconsin net income.
For more information on taxes, visit www.dor.state.wi.us
Cost of Incorporating in Wisconsin
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: