How to Incorporate a Business in Wyoming (WY)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in Wyoming: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about WY filings.
WY Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name of the corporation may not contain language implying a different purpose from the purpose or purposes in articles of incorporation. The name shall not be the same as or similar to the name of any domestic or foreign profit or nonprofit corporation, trade name, trademark or service mark registered in this state, limited liability company, statutory trust company or limited partnership or other business entity.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
* Annual Statements
* The fee of the annual statement is computed on assets in Wyoming.
* The tax is based on that portion of the corporation’s capital, property and assets located and employed in Wyoming by the following scale.
Value of capital, property and assets in State Tax
$50,000 or less $25
Over $50,000 up to and including $100,000 $50
Over $100,000 up to and including $500,000 $100
Over $500,000 up to and including $1,000,000 $200
Over $1,000,000 $200 for every million dollars or fraction thereof
* The maximum annual license tax cannot exceed $50,000 per year.
Income Tax Rate
* No income tax.
For more information on taxes, visit www.revenue.wy.us
Cost of Incorporating in Wyoming
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: