How to Incorporate a Business in Louisiana (LA)
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a CPA or a lawyer, you will find that our Louisiana incorporation and formation services are always a step ahead of the industry standard. We specialize in corporate filings with the LA Secretary of State. Active Filings has formed thousands of corporations, nonprofit and limited liability companies in Louisiana.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
LA Corporate Name Endings
According to the Louisiana’s business code, a corporate name must contain one of the following words: “Corporation”, “Incorporated”, “Limited” or the abbreviation of any of these words. The name may contain the word “Company” or the abbreviation “Co.” if “Company” or “Co.” is not immediately preceded by the word “and” or the symbol &.” The name must not be same nor deceptively similar to any other reserved or registered name of a corporation. The name cannot use certain enumerated words relating to banking, savings and loans or insurance.
* Minimum Number – Three or more. If only one or two shareholders, the number of directors can be less than three but not less than the number of shareholders.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
* Annual Statements
* Report due with Secretary of State by May 15, fee is up to $25.
Income Tax Rate
$0 – $25,000 – 4%
25,000 – 50,000 – 5%
50,000 – 100,000 – 6%
100,000 – 200,000 – 7%
200,000 over 8%
For more information on taxes, visit www.rev.state.la.us
Cost of Incorporating in Louisiana
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: