How to Incorporate a Business in Minnesota (MN)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in Minessota: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about MN filings.
MN Corporate Name Endings
The name shall not be deceptively similar to name of any other domestic corporation, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited liability company or of any foreign corporation, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited liability company authorized to do business in state unless: (1) such other corporation is about to change its name, cease business, dissolve or withdraw, and (2) written consent therefrom is obtained.
The name shall contain the word “corporation,” “incorporated,” or “limited,” or the abbreviation of one or more of these words or shall contain the word “company” or the abbreviation “Co.,” if that word or abbreviation is not immediately preceded by word “and” or character “&”.
Minessota Articles of Incorporation Requirements
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
* Annual Statements
* The minimum annual license fee is $40. The corporation must pay the annual license fee by May 15 of each year.
Income Tax Rate
* Income tax rate is 9.8% of taxable income.
For more information on taxes, visit www.taxes.state.mn.us
Cost of Incorporating in Minnesota
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: