How to Incorporate a Business in Pennsylvania (PA)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in Pennsylvania: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about PA filings.
Corporate Name Endings
The name may be in any language but must be expressed in English letters or characters or Arabic or Roman numerals; shall contain word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated” or “limited” or its abbreviations.
Articles of Incorporation Requirements
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – Must be 18 or older.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* No extra filing fees based on number of share or amount of par value.
* Annual Statements – based on the amount of stock.
* Basis. Capital stock value is (1) the product of one-half times the sum of a corporation’s average net income capitalized at 9.5% plus 75% of such corporation’s net worth (2) minus $100,000 [72 P.S. S:7601]. Algebraically, capital stock value equals [(.5) * ((average net income/.095) * (.75 * (net worth)) - $100,000)]. Net worth is the sum of the corporation’s issued and outstanding capital stock, surplus, and undivided profits as of the close of the tax year. Minimum tax is $300.
Income Tax Rate
* 9.9% of taxable income.
For more information on taxes, visit www.revenue.state.pa.us
Cost of Incorporating in Pennsylvania
ONLY $59.00 + State Fees!
Incorporate your business online. Start Here: