How to Incorporate a Business in Georgia (GA)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in GEORGIA: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about GA filings.
GA Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
Name shall include word “Corporation”, “Company”, “Incorporated” or “Limited”, or abbreviation thereof. The name shall not exceed 80 characters, including spaces and punctuation. The name may not contain language stating or implying that the corporation is organized for a purpose other than that permitted by Georgia law or the articles of incorporation. The name may not contain anything that, in the reasonable judgment of the Secretary of State, is obscene. The name must be distinguishable from the other corporation names in the state.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – Natural person, 18 years old.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares does not cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Annual statement is $50.00 per year. The annual statement is due on April 1st, unless this is the first statement, then it is due within 90 days of incorporating.
Income Tax Rate
* The income tax rate is 6% of net taxable income.
* Net Worth Tax
* Net worth, including issued capital stock, paid-in surplus and earned surplus. The net worth is presumed to be the net worth as disclosed on the corporation’s books and as reflected on the return required to be filed annually by the corporation. No par shares have the value fixed for stock by the Commissioner from required return and any other information available to Commissioner.For more information on taxes, visit http://www.etax.dor.ga.gov/
Cost of Incorporating in Georgia
In 10 minutes or less. Start Here: