There are three ways to incorporate your business in Idaho:
- Hire a lawyer to do the job for you (the most expensive option)
- Walk in to the Secretary of State office and do it by yourself
- Use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings.
Idaho Articles of Incorporation Requirements
The Articles of Incorporation is the formation document you file with the Idaho Secretary of State to register your corporation with the state (LLCs file Articles of Organization). In Idaho, you can file Articles of Incorporation online or by mail (it will take the SOS 3 to 8 days to process your filing).
To complete your Idaho Articles of Incorporation, you’ll need to include the following information:
|Company Name||The name must contain the word “corporation”, “company”, “incorporated” or “limited”, or an abbreviation thereof, provided that if “company” or “co.” is used, it may not be immediately preceded by the word “and” or an abbreviation of “and.” The name may not contain any word or phrase which indicates or implies that the corporation is organized for any purpose other than one or more of the purposes contained in its articles of incorporation. The name may not be the same as or deceptively similar to that of a domestic corporation or a qualified foreign corporation or a reserved name, with qualified exceptions.|
|Company Purpose||List the reason for forming the corporation or the business/activity which the corporation will engage in.|
|Authorized Shares||List the number of shares of corporate stock you are currently authorizing. Technically, this is when you “create” your stock (more can always be authorized later), and that stock will be issued to your shareholders at your first shareholder meeting.|
|Registered Agent Information||In Idaho, a registered agent (also known as a resident agent) is an individual or business that serves as your company’s official point of contact for lawsuits and legal notices. As part of Active Filings’ incorporation service, we include a year of registered agent service when you hire us to incorporate your business in Idaho.|
|Names and Addresses of the Incorporators||The incorporator is the person or company authorized to form the corporation. For example, if you hired us, we would list ourselves as the incorporator. The incorporator does not have any stake in or claim to the corporation being formed.|
|Minimum Number||One or more|
|Residence Requirements||No provision|
|Articles of Incorporation||Directors are not required to be listed|
|Articles of Incorporation||Officers are not required to be listed|
An increase in shares or par value does not effect initial fees.
- Annual Statements
- Domestic and qualified foreign corporations file annually. Deliver report to Secretary of State between July 1 and November 30 of year, except that the first annual report of a corporation must be filed between July 1 and November 30 of state fiscal year (July 1-June 30) next succeeding the state fiscal year in which its articles of incorporation or its application for certificate of authority was filed.
Income Tax Rate
8% of taxable Idaho income.
For more information on taxes, visit http://tax.idaho.gov/
When you hire Active Filings to incorporate your business in Idaho, you’ll receive everything you need to track and maintain your company, this includes:
- Free expedited service
- One year of registered agent service
- An online account where you can add additional services, track orders, maintenance requirements and digital notifications.
Learn More About Incorporation Requirements In Your State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia