Get your Michigan Company Up and Running
in Less Than 3 Business Days!
Fact 1: We are the fastest Michigan incorporating company;
Fact 2: Over 40,000 corporations and LLC formed in Michigan and the rest of the country;
Fact 3: All Michigan filings get Expedited Services for FREE;
Fact 4: We are the only company in our space without any complaints to the BBB in 10 years!
Fact 5: All our customers receive a Free Tax Consultation and Free 1 Year of Registered Agent Services
How to Incorporate a Business in Michigan (MI)
- Hire a lawyer to do the job for you (the most expensive option)
- Walk in to the Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs office and do it by yourself
- Use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings.
Michigan Articles of Incorporation Requirements
- Company Name
The name shall contain the word “Corporation”, “Company”, “Incorporated”, or “Limited”, or the abbreviation. The name shall not indicate that the corporation was formed for a purpose other than one or more of the purposes permitted in the articles. The name shall be distinguishable from the corporate name of domestic or foreign corporations, domestic or foreign limited partnerships, or currently reserved names. The name cannot use words “Bank”, “Industrial Bank”, “Deposit”, “Surety”, “Security”, “Trust”, or “Trust Company”.
- Company Purpose
List the reason for forming the corporation or the business/activity which the corporation will engage in.
- Authorized Shares
List the number of shares of corporate stock you are currently authorizing. Technically, this is when you “create” your stock (more can always be authorized later), and that stock will be issued to your shareholders at your first shareholder meeting.
- Registered Agent Information
In Michigan, a registered agent (also known as a resident agent) is an individual or business that serves as your company’s official point of contact for lawsuits and legal notices. As part of Active Filings’ incorporation service, we include a year of registered agent service when you hire us to incorporate your business in Michigan.
- Names and Addresses of the Incorporators
The incorporator is the person or company authorized to form the corporation. For example, if you hired us, we would list ourselves as the incorporator. The incorporator does not have any stake in or claim to the corporation being formed.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Domestic and foreign corporations, transacting business, employing capital or persons, owning or managing property in Michigan, must file an annual report with the Department of Commerce by May 15 annually. The filing fee is $15.
Income Tax Rate
* 2.3% tax levied on adjusted tax base allocated or apportioned to Michigan.
For more information on taxes, visit http://www.michigan.gov/treasury
More information about incorporating in Michigan:
In 10 minutes or less. Start Here: