How to Incorporate a Business in Virginia (VA)
There are three ways to incorporate your business in VIRGINIA: hire a lawyer to do the job for you (a very expensive option), walk in to the State Department office and do it by yourself or to use a professional incorporation company, like Active Filings. Whatever method you chose, this section will provide you the basic information you need to know about VA filings.
Viginia Articles of Incorporation Requirements
Corporate Name Endings
The name shall contain the word “corporation”, “incorporated”, “company”, “limited” or “limited company” or an abbreviation of one of those words. The name shall not contain any prohibited word or phrase nor any which implies that it is organized for any purpose other than those stated in articles. The name may not be confusingly similar to that of domestic or qualified foreign corporation.
* Minimum Number – One or more.
* Residence Requirements. – No provision.
* Age Requirements – None.
* Directors are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* The officers are not required to be listed in the articles of incorporation.
* An increase in the shares may cause an increase in the initial filing fee.
* Annual Statements
* Domestic corporations and qualified foreign corporations must file an annual report with the State Corporation Commission between January 1 and April 1 of each year after the calendar year in which incorporated or authorized to transact business.
Income Tax Rate
* 6% of Virginia taxable income.
For more information on taxes, visit www.tax.state.va.us
More information about incorporating in Virginia:
In 10 minutes or less. Start Here: